Feng Shui is a way to arrange your space to enhance your life. It’s also a powerful tool to improve your health. Here are five simple tips to help you sleep better, reduce stress, boost your immune system and create a more healthy and supportive environment!
1. Relax Your Nervous System
– Declutter! Get rid of anything you don’t need, use or love and keep surface areas clear.
– Put your desk, bed, sofa, etc. in the command position where you have a full — or at least a peripheral view of the door – and your back/head against a solid wall.
– Minimize sharp edges/angles in your environment – especially with furniture. You’ll reduce bumps, bruises and your fight-or-flight response.
2. Boost Your Immune System
– Keep your toilet lids down to avoid spreading germs throughout the bathroom.
– Take your shoes off! Footwear carries dirt, bacteria and chemicals. Why bring it into your home?
– Add plants throughout the home to clean the air and beautify the environment.
3. Get a Good Night’s Sleep with a Calm and Relaxing Bedroom
– Put your bed in the “command position” and avoid sleeping under a window or overhead beams.
– Keep surface areas and the space under bed clear.
– Remove “distractions” including TVs, computers, phones, etc.
– Use calming colors and inviting fabrics.
– Install soft lighting and window treatments.
– Keep mirrors out sight – they activate the energy in the room by reflecting light, objects & people!
4. Reduce or Eliminate EMFs (Electromagnetic Fields)
– Keep electronics out of the bedroom. Replace old, digital alarm clocks with a battery-powered clock or keep your clock away from the bed.
– Do away with the microwave – it produces extremely high EMFs even when not in use; turning it on generates harmful EMF levels. If you must have one, use it sparingly and move 15-feet away while in use. Remember, almost everything can be warmed and cooked with radiant heat.
– Unplug appliances and electronics when not in use; avoid sitting/sleeping close to them.
5. Get Rid of Toxins/Chemicals in Your Home
– Use low- or no-VOC paint.
– Incorporate green building materials whenever possible.
– Opt for organic, natural fiber rugs and fabrics.
– Clean your home with natural products.
– Wash your clothes with chemical-free laundry detergent.
– Check the labels on your toiletries and select soap, shampoo, etc. without harmful chemicals.
– Buy organic produce – skipping the pesticides on food.
Remember that your surroundings matter. Creating a clean, clear, beautiful environment can help improve your health and vitality. Honor your home with daily maintenance and it will support your well-being.